Goldex Technologies Limited
By registering or using our Site/App or services or products, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is the Compliance Department, Goldex Technologies Limited of 60 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0HR United Kingdom, telephone +44 (0) 203 6510 520 and email email@example.com
Information that we collect from you
When you visit or register on the Site/App or access our products or services including the purchase and sale of gold you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, email address and contact details. We do not store your financial details.
Occasionally we may request information from users via surveys, email or push notifications for a particular service (for example, our newsletter or research notes). Participation in surveys and research notes are purely voluntary and if you don’t want to give us the information requested you do not have to, although if you choose not to give the information requested, you will not be able to participate in them.
We may also collect information about your usage of our Site/App as well as information about you from comments or messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer and mobile phone if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your electronic device’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site/App. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of both our website and app, or complete an application.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of users or visitors and to see how users or visitors move around our Site and App when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website and app work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website and app. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website and app, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this in order to make the information displayed on our website and app more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site and App.
Use of your information
We will use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to process your registration and to contact you for any reasons related to the service, activity or online content that you have signed up for;
- to provide you with access to all parts of our Site and App and to provide the services you have requested;
- to contact you about an order you have made, including any content you provide;
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to improve our Site and App content and product offerings and provide you with the best Web experience available and to provide advertisers with an efficient means of targeting the right audience;
- to understand how you use our Site and App and for internal research into our users’ demographics, interests and behaviour, in order to better understand and serve our users;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users and to block disruptive use.
Disclosure of your information
We will not resell your information unless you have given us your specific consent to do so. Furthermore we will not share your information with any third party except as set out below:
- Third Party Service Providers. The information you provide to us will be held on our computers and may be accessed by or given to our staff working outside the UK and third parties including companies who help us run this Site, App or services available on this Site and App, some of whom may be based outside of the European Economic Area;
- Advertisers & Business Partners. We may provide non identifiable information to advertisers and business partners;
- Discussion Forums. In our discussion forums or anywhere else that you comment on our Site or App, you are identified by your user or screen name. If you choose your full name as your username, or provide personal information in any posts or comments, you will be disclosing that information to all users of the Site and App;
- Legal Requests. We may disclose your information to protect our rights or where disclosure is required or permitted by law. This includes but is not limited to requests for disclosure by government bodies and law enforcement agencies, or where legally required or entitled to make a disclosure under any law or order of a court;
- Joint Ventures. If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners;
- Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
Security and data retention
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. While we do our best to protect you personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password and account information.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Your information may be processed and stored outside the European Economic Area. By using our Site and App, you consent to this transfer.
If you have given your consent to us contacting you, we will send you emails giving information about our products and services. If at any stage you no longer wish to receive any emails from us, you can opt out by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our email newsletters.
You may browse the Site and the App, but you may not provide personal information to us, register with us or use our services. The Site and App have not been designed for minors and we do not knowingly collect information from minors. If a minor has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that minor may contact us if they would like this information deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the minor’s information from our databases.
Accessing and updating
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org